Update: Hello people. Mark of rootansprouts.com reached out to me with this excellent smoothies guide which covers every possible variation, along with detailed notes, recipes and pictures! I felt like I had to add this resource to my smoothies post!
Hello everyone! It’s Monday, and I thought we should start the week on a delicious but healthy note. So today I am covering some of my favorite smoothie recipes from around the internet.
I love smoothies! So much so, that I secretly hope of opening a smoothie bar someday. I find it the perfect way to combine nutrition with taste. You can add a variety of ingredients to a smoothie – fruits, vegetables, nuts and even super foods like chia seeds. Plus there is no dearth of combinations you can try to find a smoothie which will suit your health, mood and taste buds. Another advantage of a smoothie is that you can increase your intake of green leafy vegetables while maintaining great taste, because the way the greens are blended with fruits brings down their bitterness, if any.
I feel that they make a great addition to any breakfast palette, and also work as an amazing mid-day snack option. There are some smoothies I like to take regularly because of their highly nutritious content (such as the glowing skin smoothies mentioned below). Sometimes when traveling, or watching my weight before an important event, I have also used them as meal replacement options – a quick and easy way to fill you up without comprising on energy or nutrition. However, I strongly suggest not making this a routine – because nothing can compensate for a well balanced diet.
When travelling, I have a sweet spot for the smoothies available at the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. My sister brought me here for lunch one day and I was hooked. My favorites: Acai Berry Boost, Triple Berry Oat and when I feel indulgent – Mocha Madness! They also make a filling and scrumptious ‘Hummus Veggie’ sandwich.
Do you have any amazing smoothie recipes to share, or do you have any favorite smoothie cafes which you visit often? Do share in the comments below!
Green and healthy
- The ultimate green smoothie guide
- Green detox smoothie
- Green smoothies that taste good (I so need this!)
- Top 10 weight loss smoothies
- The perfect weight loss smoothie
- 20 slim down smoothies
- Glowing and healthy skin smoothies (Favorites)
- 5 diary-free smoothies
- Low-carb and low-sugar smoothies
- 20 super healthy smoothie recipes
- The world’s 60 best healthy smoothies
Fruit, nut, oats or chocolate
- Fruit and oat smoothie
- Make ahead oatmeal smoothies
- Top 10 fruit smoothies
- Delicious fruit smoothies
- The pink breakfast smoothie
- Strawberry-pomegranat skinny smoothie
- Mango-berry smoothie
- Blueberry muffin and peach cobbler smoothies
- Blackberry-coconut smoothie
- Fruit smoothie which tastes like PB + Jelly
- Chocolate avocado smoothie (sinful yet healthy)
- Orange and chocolate smoothie (sounds just perfect)
- Peanut butter-banana smoothie (another favorite; sometimes I add Nutella for an extra kick)
- 50 smoothies with 5 or less ingredients
- Immune builder smoothie
- Mood boosting smoothies (instantly uplift your mood)
- Smoothies for runners
- 50 quick smoothie recipes
- Smoothies for very season
- The only 4 smoothie recipes you need
- Breakfast smoothie recipes (I could use this everyday!)
- 10 most pinned smoothie recipes
- Creamy smoothies for fall
Smoothie making – tips & tricks
- How to make a perfect smoothie: Here and Here
- Smoothie making guides: here and here and Smoothie 101
- Smoothie making tips and tricks
- The best smoothie formula
- Super-food smoothie ingredients
- 20 tips to make your smoothie healthy