Happy Monday everyone! Last week on the blog, I put up a poll to understand if the frequency of my daily sparkle posts was comfortable or cumbersome for my readers. Thanks to everyone who voted! From the results, it seems that some form of daily sparkle is widely appreciated by readers of my blog. So we will continue the daily sparkle posts, but with a twist! Stay tuned for some exciting new updates around the same – the sparkle quickie post, new features in spotlight and a giveaway!
Moving on to our Inspired Monday’s post, today I wanted to take some time and talk about how we all have inspiration available at our fingertips, but almost always never make the most of it. I am certain you are as addicted to your mobile phone as I am, but did you ever think that your phone could help you stay inspired and positive?
I often talk about being grateful, optimistic and tolerant in our outlook, and of living a life driven by positive affirmations. However, one forgets all such intentions when dealing with the challenges and stresses of day to day life. And here is where your mobile comes into play. There are several interesting apps you can download on your phone which will help you stay committed to being positive and happy. I am doing a round-up of some my absolute favorites below. Hope you find at least one app in this list which you can use for your daily dose of happiness!
Note: all the apps below work on Android phones and are available for free on Google Play.
Apps for Gratitude:
- Secret of Happiness – A simple app, it enables you to think positive first thing in the morning and feel grateful right before you hit the bed.
Why it works? The app comes with a 30 day challenge, which helps train the brain into thinking positively until it becomes a habit.
- Gratitude Journal – A daily, online gratitude journal which helps you build mindfulness and changes your attitude to become more positive.
Why it works? It’s a great idea to keep a gratitude journal, and having an app on your phone with preset alarms makes it even more convenient.
Apps for Positive Thinking:
- Happify – This app helps you work on overcoming negative thoughts and cultivating a positive, happy outlook towards life.
Why it works? Because this single app offers games, activities and polls in one go to help you come closer to your goal.
- Fabulous: Motivate Me – This app offers an 8 week program to lose weight, sleep better and get energized.
Why it works? This app is designed like other personal training apps such as Noom Coach, which makes it different from most motivational apps and easier to adapt and follow.
Apps for Affirmations:
- Louise Hay Affirmations – Features 16 of the author’s most effective ‘power thoughts’ and affirmations which will inspire you to stay positive.
Why it works? Affirmations work better than quotes or sayings, since they are more personal and connect with individuals at a deeper level. And this app gives you some really powerful affirmations to get started.
- Daily Affirmations – A simple app that allows you to record your own affirmations so you can access them daily.
Why it works? Reading affirmations enables positive thinking, but reading custom affirmations can actually help you develop an inspired outlook to solve specific challenges you might be facing in your life.
Apps for Meditation/Music:
- Buddha Radio – This app brings you feel good, soulful music and creates a positive and calm environment to help relax during a busy day.
Why it works? Good music is like chicken soup for the soul, you can use this anytime you are feeling stressed or uneasy to calm yourself down.
- Buddha Chants – Provides Buddhist mantras for meditation and chanting with options for alarm bells and repetitions.
Why it works? It is no fuss and easy to use for beginners who want to get acquainted with chanting.
PS – If you haven’t already, follow me on Bloglovin now and help me win their August challenge!