Hello beautiful people! It is the first Monday of the new year, and I know we all need a little cheer and inspiration to stick to the intentions we have planned for 2015.
Below I have collected some of my favorite ‘new year resolutions’ posts from around the web. These keep me motivated and inspired – here’s hoping some of them might resonate with you as well.
- Still undecided on what activities you will actively be pursuing this year? If you need help picking your resolutions, or just want inspiration for some interesting challenges, check out these links: 50 Daily/Weekly Challenge Ideas, The Resolution Manifesto, 50 Smart & Simple Resolutions.
- Want to revive your hobbies? Want to go back to reading, writing or whatever it is that makes you happy? Here are some interesting ways to get back to cultivating the habit: 365 Days Photography Project, The Reading Bingo, 52 Weeks to An Organized Home, 100 most beautiful places to see in the world.
- Get healthy! I feel like this is a resolution that everyone should have on their list – pledge to be healthy every year, throughout the year. Check out 12 months of healthy habits (this is super easy to build into your routine – month by month), 30 Day Walkabout (walking is the best exercise for everyone), Fab-abs January (who doesn’t want a flat stomach?).
- My grandfather always said: “Save for a rainy day”. That I find it difficult to save money is probably the understatement of the century. Nevertheless, I made a big attempt to save in 2014, and the same savings funded a total of 5 trips for me last year – 1 international and 4 domestic! I intend to continue setting aside cash for rainy days and traveling in 2015. If you would like to do the same, this 52 Week Money Saving Challenge is a great way to get started.
- I love challenges which inspire us to spread love and cheer. Practice acts of kindness, gratitude or happiness this year – I promise you will not be disappointed!
- Want to try something out-of-the-box? Use Pinterest to accomplish your 2015 resolutions or better still, make these ‘Rememberlutions‘ Jars and fill them with accomplishments over the next 12 months!
- 100 tips for your ‘Best Year Ever’: Fitness, money, hobbies – this Greatist.com guide has easy tips around several popular categories to get you started on your new year goals with a bang!
- If you are like me – you will have multiple inclinations and want to do almost everything at once! I find it extremely helpful to categorize my goals and resolutions to ensure nothing slips through the cracks. Use this free printable from ‘The Project Girl’ website to get super organized with your resolutions.
As mentioned in my first post, my core resolutions this year are focused on de-cluttering, health, self-love and this lovely, sparkly blog! Nonetheless, I am very tempted to try some interesting challenges from the above links – create those rememberlutions jars, click and share a photo a week, wear a new lipstick color every month, learn a new skill/hobby, keep a gratitude journal and smile more often!
Is there a unique resolution you have set for the year 2015? Share it with us by leaving a comment!
(Image Source: Rethinkcanada.com)