September signals the start of a new school year across all of America. And for moms, this translates into an intense search for unique breakfast and lunch options to keep things interesting for their little one! If you want to ensure that your kids start their day with lots of energy and enthusiasm, you will have to plan their breakfast meals to include options which are both healthy and delicious.
Smoothies are a great way to ensure your kids get the nutrition they deserve while ensuring their is little or no compromise on taste. Make that chocolate smoothie an energy booster by stealthily slipping in some chia seeds, or pack some extra punch in your banana smoothie by adding a handful of walnuts. Smoothies bring variety and flavor to an otherwise regular breakfast spread and it’s easier to coax young adults into drinking their fruits than eating them!
I have spoken about my love for smoothies before, but the following recipes are different because I specifically picked them as power breakfast options for children heading to school. These smoothies are packed with health boosting foods and kid friendly flavors, which means they will fulfill nutritional needs while satisfying the taste buds!
These recipes sound so delicious that they are sure to ring a bell with all age groups! So start your family’s day right with a healthy, tasty and wholesome smoothie. If you have a specific smoothie recipe which always wins hearts, do share with us via comments below!
- Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie – Not only does this recipe include bananas, but there is also a sprinkling of energy boosting chia seeds in the recipe. The chocolate and peanut butter combination ensures you have a winner on hand!
- Chocolate almond butter smoothie bowl – Wholesome breakfast bowls with bananas, granola and almond butter for a high energy start to the day. Once again, the addition of dark chocolate makes it delicious while keeping things healthy.
- Healthy apple pie smoothie – A slice of apple pie packs several calories, but this apple pie smoothie retains all the flavors with none of the junk. A perfect way to start school and fall with your family this season.
- Cinnamon banana peach smoothie – Cinnamon helps boost immunity and brain function, and just like the apple pie smoothie, is a great way to slowly welcome fall flavors into your plate!
- Kids power smoothie for an immunity boost – Packed with berries, nut butter and a super healthy secret ingredient – avocados – this smoothie is a big winner on both taste and nutrition.
- Super smoothie for all round health – This recipe has everything – fruits, vegetables, seeds and some peanut butter to make sure it tastes as good as it sounds healthy.
- Strawberry chocolate smoothie – A smoothie which sounds more dessert than breakfast, but still has lots of benefits for a healthy heart because of the addition of cashews to the recipe. A good idea to save this recipe for Friday mornings!