Happy Wednesday lovelies! It has been a while since I did a fashion post, so today I decided to swoon over some lovely red carpet looks from an Awards Show which commenced last week!
If you read my Golden Globes post, you know that I keep an eye out for movie award shows happening across the globe so I can steal some inspiration for my own wardrobe!
The Indian film industry also rolls out its award functions in the first quarter of the year, with Filmfare and IIFA Awards being two of the popular ones which are graced by the entire fraternity. Given their popularity and heritage, these two award nights result in some splendid fashion. Planning the look is often done well in advance, with each celebrity wanting to step out in nothing but the latest, so as to rank high on the style quotient!
Of late, Indian celebrities have gone global and started experimenting with their looks on the red carpet. Remember Aishwarya Rai who stunned Cannes 2014 by wearing Roberto Cavalli?
Hence this week, I decided to do a quick round-up of my favorite looks from the recently commenced Filmfare Awards 2015. My top picks were:
- Madhuri Dixit-Nene in Jade – Madhuri cut a pretty picture at the event in her classic full skirted gown – simple and elegant!
- Shraddha Kapoor in Shehlaa by Shehla Khan – What’s an award night without some sparkle? Shraddha’s gown had just the right amount of shimmer and the flowing silhouette lent a breezy vibe to the whole look.
- Sonam Kapoor in Anamika Khanna – Anyone else, and this look might have fallen flat but Sonam carried off the gown with panache! She is a true diva and I love how she experiments with her look each time.
- Sonali Bendre in Saloni – The color! I like the fact that she kept the rest of the look simple and let the bold color stand out.
- Ileana D’Cruz in Nikhil Thampi – Now this is what I call power dressing. Illeana looked sharp, stunning and every bit the star she is!
- Dia Mirza in Raw Mango – Earthy, warm and elegant is how I would describe Dia’s look. She carries off the Sari and bold colors really well.
- Kanika Kapoor in Monisha Jaising – I felt this was a lovely, glam pick for the evening in question!
- Pallavi Sharda in Gauri and Nainika – I am always partial to red on the red carpet, and this gown shows you how to do it well.
- Fawad Khan and 10. Ranbir Kapoor, both in Dior – The men kept it simple and nailed it with their understated, classic suit looks.
I am really waiting for the Oscars and the IIFA Awards to commence, I will make sure I do a post on them as well!